Tuesday 2 October 2012

Results from the Summer of 2012

Looking back over this past summer, I realized that despite the many changes, hard decisions and constant battles, it was a pretty good time, fitness-wise.

In a moment of weakness, I let my sister sign us both up for the 5K Army Run which I then actually had to start running to prepare for.  Two months of trying to reach 5K was a daunting experience, but it happened and I sometimes even enjoyed it.  Race day was tons of fun and I am really glad now that I did it.  My first race...who would have thought I would have added that accomplishment to my list?  Not too shabby. :D

I also attempted Crossfit, sorry Functional Fitness, for the first time.   It was definitely the hardest workout I'd ever done but I loved it.  It might also have had to do with the incredible women who shared my Thursday night group (Sara, Jess, Suzanne and Jo-Ann!!!) and our awesome instructor (Kelly!!!), we worked our butts off, struggled to the point of almost getting sick but we smiled and laughed a lot too!  

Our biggest Black Belt Grading happened on August 29th and I also got to help a couple people prepare for it.  Working with Sensei Gail, I mostly got to just punch in and be taken down but working with Sensei Cam got me to the gym at 8am usually three mornings a week.  Together we worked on every kata in our karate syllabus and managed to get a pretty good workout in at the same time. :)

So did I reach my fitness goals this summer? Hardly! I'm blaming  it on a combination of personal problems, scheduling conflicts and the fact that stores started putting out their Halloween candy in August! Lol!  



So...possibly another 5K run coming up on December 31st but other than that, my workout routine has somewhat slacked off.  Well, as long as you forget that I'm now teaching four Zumba classes a week and taking/teaching karate as well.   But where does that leave me?  At home, with my daycare kids again and struggling to find time to continue running and workout out.  

Therefore, the Fitness Warrior has a new goal!   Where in this new, extremely busy schedule of mine, will I find a time to work out???  And how will I continue my healthy eating habits when the stores still have shelves filled with all of that delicious candy???  Hmmm...I guess I need a new plan!  And I love coming up with a great plan! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment