Monday 22 October 2012

Back At It!!!

So after having given myself a month and a half to get settled back at home with my daycare (which I am absolutely loving, by the way!) it's time to get back at working towards achieving my fitness goals.

Now, I haven't exactly been doing nothing these past 6 weeks.  I'm teaching Zumba five times a week and still getting in some karate, as well as chasing lots of little kids around all day, but even all of this is not quite getting me to where I'd like to be.

For one, I still have two more races coming up this year (yes, courtesy of my amazing sister Melissa) so I definitely need to get back to running.  The first one is called the Santa Shuffle and it takes place in Kingston on December 1st, it's a 5K.  The second one is a little scarier...it's in Ottawa on December 31st at 6:45pm.  Also a 5K...it's called the Resolution Run.  Being a pretty new runner, I've definitely never ran in the winter so I'm hoping I don't mind that too much and that I learn quickly how to dress for the yucky temperatures.

So...that brings me to this week.  I'm going to try to drag myself out of bed again at 5am to attempt a run.  I was in such a habit of doing this before, it got so easy to do.  Starting up again is really, really hard.  :(  I'm not sure how far I'll make it on the first one...I think I'll play it by ear.  I will definitely set my clothes out tonight, as well as charge my MP3 player and hopefully I'll be out the door, singing along to my favourite tunes before I even know what I'm doing. 

Please wish me luck. I'm really going to need it.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment